Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Wiki Dead?
I'm posting this here because I have no idea where else it would fit best.

I've been snooping around the forums for info on fishing for bosses and rare items, etc. and I stumbled upon the wiki, which seems to be helpful in some aspects, but it seems to be extremely outdated. The last time I visited this community was in early 2015 when I played for like 100 hours in a couple of weeks on the fish server, I forget what was new and all, but I do know that the diamond sword was introduced a while back from then, and the wiki does not give any info on the diamond sword whatsoever. Currently, I'm attempting to acquire said diamond sword, as well as the Ben and Garry's ice cream but I'm not sure what the prerequisites are for them (level and whatever else), because when looking at the wiki and the baits on the server I've noticed that the levels of which the baits are unlocked are different from the levels required for catching these rare items, I'm unsure whether this was from an update that changed what level they were unlocked at or that this is the way it is supposed to be.

Honestly, the main reason I'm concerned on whether or not this is true information is that I don't know if I'm wasting my time fishing for this (about 50 hours and 1400 catches dedicated towards this lol I have no life) when I don't even meet the requirements needed to catch it in the first place. I want to know if I can trust this wiki as I would have a few years ago and whether or not I should go and fish for other stuff because I am fishing for random blocks and mediocre frozen desserts.

Thanks for suffering through this obnoxious and probably pointless complaint.
The wiki isn't very professional, but I agree that it should get the point across and gives more info on the catches, along with pictures. Reason of the lack of information is mostly because that the few people writing the wiki don't have enough info and time on their hands. Very few people don't know the entire history of the diamond sword, so it most likely not be introduced.

If you were wondering, here are all the baits for the rare items (as of yet)
diamond sword: Minecraft bait
Ben and garries: ice cream bait (or left bottom corner error bait)
Combine shield: combine bait
painting beret: paintintg can bait
party hat: tiny party hat bait (or, in rare cases, the bunny ear bait)
The pizza and The Cake: shopping cart bait

Just keep fishing if you truly want it, it will come eventually. especially went you least expect it.

if your low level, and want to meet the requiremented levels for the catches, just grind the paint can bait for exp. They probably don't have level requirements, but it's better to do it just incase
(07-29-2017, 03:24 PM)Squartron Wrote:  The wiki isn't very professional, but I agree that it should get the point across and gives more info on the catches, along with pictures. Reason of the lack of information is mostly because that the few people writing the wiki don't have enough info and time on their hands. Very few people don't know the entire history of the diamond sword, so it most likely not be introduced.

If you were wondering, here are all the baits for the rare items (as of yet)
diamond sword: Minecraft bait
Ben and garries: ice cream bait (or left bottom corner error bait)
Combine shield: combine bait
painting beret: paintintg can bait
party hat: tiny party hat bait (or, in rare cases, the bunny ear bait)
The pizza and The Cake: shopping cart bait

Just keep fishing if you truly want it, it will come eventually. especially went you least expect it.

if your low level, and want to meet the requiremented levels for the catches, just grind the paint can bait for exp. They probably don't have level requirements, but it's better to do it just incase

Thanks, but I'm more specifically looking for the level requirements themselves for each catch, which is nonetheless helpful but it's frustrating that there are only like 3 of them listed with the actual requirements, which is why I'm not sure I'm "qualified."
Mythic Servers has been on a decline in activity for some time that is why the wiki has fallen out of date. Many have moved on in-game and in real life. Those who had the time two or so years ago to write a wiki just don't anymore.
Nimsy.pw
I think Alpha Toon and James were mostly responsible for the upkeep of the wiki. They both left MS sort of, and now no one is left who cares enough, so there you go.
Banana :v